TSA Security Procedures
Being one of the busiest airports of the country makes Tampa International airport subject to tedious security procedures outlined and adhered to by the TSA. These procedures involve mostly all the traditional practices followed by major domestic or international airports, and passengers are strictly required to review the terms beforehand and firmly adhere to the rules.
Getting through security can be stressful.
- Passengers should review theTSA screening procedures, check the list of prohibited items.
- Try not to be late and arrive at least 2 hours early for departure, especially during holidays, weekends, and busy hours.
- Passengers should present boarding pass and I.D.; accepted forms of I.D. include a valid U.S. driver's license, passport, and military I.D.
- Remember 3-1-1 for carry-ons: Liquids, creams, gels, aerosols, and pastes must be 100ml or less per bottle, must be in 1 quart-sized, clear plastic bag and you can only have one bag in your carry on.
- Try not to carry any sharp objects, firearms, or explosives.
- If you have a laptop, you may be asked to remove it from the bag when putting it through x-ray screening.